Sunday, November 12, 2006

New york and blatent fundraising :)

OK, so i may be crazy, but I have decided to take 20-30 of this year's Metro Tech seniors to New York City for their senior trip. Most of these kids haven't been east of Texas, if they have even been out of the state.
And now for the blatant fundraising :)
We raised a lot of money with prom, and the kids are doing a pampered chef fundraiser, if you like their products, go to this site and order :) go to order products and type in metro tech for the organization name ($10 extra to have it delivered directly to your house!)
Seriously, you don't have to order, but if you are as addicted to their products as I am, and you haven't ordered anything lately, a look can't hurt right? I know I am devious ;)
So, other than planning and getting this trip approved, I haven't been doing much else. Mike is still busy with school, really looking forward to being done! My master's program is changing, and of course the changes are retro active, so I can't get in on the old program, so I will be done next spring (that is spring of 2008). It is OK, it will be here before we know it!
That is about it!
Love to all!
Erin and Mike

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great trip! And fundraising is always fun...not. But I know you'll do well. I like the new look of your blog. Keep the posts coming...and don't forget to cast your vote for our new puppy name (Odin's Snack is not on the list.) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Erin,
As it turns out, the schools can't make retroactive changes. Of course they don't tell you this and if no one challenges them, they get away with it. If it is better for you, you can request that you be accepted for graduation under the old catalogue. You will need a copy of it, you will need to show that you have made regular progress towards the degree. The school is then obligated to provide the classes necessary to graduate or allow a substitute which does not require additional courses to allow you to graduate according to the original schedule. The Ombudsman should help you with this. They are required to represent you, not the school with problems like this.

Anyway, it may not be worth it to you, but if it is, I wanted you to know that you had an option.

BTW - Happy Birthday. Lots of love from Pam & Roger

Anonymous said...

We just made our reservations.
We will be coming the 2/22 and checking out the 2/24 Sat.
The rooms are a69.00 a night so we are keeping our stay a little shorter....But it should be ok...
Were excited to come and really excited your graduation is finally here.....Now we'll just wait to see were you are going to work.
See you soon....

Chad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anissa said...

I'm just checking to see if I can add comments - Chad told me too!
Because I can't add to his or moms
I'm excited to see you guys at mike's graduation!!!

Anonymous said...

As it did turn out....after the vacation could have been better.
Minus the snow.....
How is MIke liking his job.
I never know when to call him. What is his schedule?

Anonymous said...

Time to blog... Let everyone know about the details of the new job an your trip to Denver area.....
Love yu much,.Mom