Saturday, November 01, 2008

new teaching assignment

Ok, so a week ago friday at about 3, my dept chair came and asked if I wanted to switch classrooms and classes.

Brief backstory -- one of our teachers is having issues getting her visa renewed (she is from India) and hasn't been at school since the first week. The students have had different subs since then.

I have a student teacher, so he would still teach my physical science classes, and once he is done with his student teaching requirements he will take over those classes.

So, last weekend on Saturday my mom and sister Andrea went with Myka and I to the classroom to clean (oh did it need it!!) and get things ready. The week flew by, and it really has been great! I am enjoying Biology and Sophomores, and according to their reflection on the week, they are enjoying the class now too :)

So, that is the update on me -- we shall see what week 2 of bio brings us!
hope all is well with everyone :)

love,
erin

No comments: