Thursday, December 10, 2009

Cold (for Phoenix anyway)

Ok, so it finally feels a bit like winter -- well winter for phoenix anyway.
There was a huge storm (the one that snowed in the majority of my family in Iowa yesterday) that hit here on Monday -- it was rainy and cloudy and absolutely lovely!! Monday night or more technically Tuesday morning however it seemed like a hurricane had landed right above our house. I woke up to the windows shuddering at about 2AM and looked outside to see sheets and sheets of rain blowing down the street, I was seriously thinking that our windows may not make it through this storm as they are the original windows circa 1965. The pixie woke up as well and slept snuggled up next to me or Mike for the rest of the night. It really amazes me how a 19 month old baby can take up the majority of a California King size bed! :-)

Getting to work on Tuesday morning was an adventure with downed trees and non-functioning street lights (the one on 19th ave and Indian school was the most interesting!) Luckily the school's power was functioning! However, they have yet to turn on the heat in our building so when I walked in today it was right around 50 in my room (yes I measured) and now even with the kiddos I think it is a balmy 55 or so. Now, I'm not asking for it to be 90 or anything, but i would like to be able to teach without gloves and my coat on!

Attempting to type with gloves on,
Erin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I can understand a Zonie not being able to handle 50F, but a recent refugee from CO should be languishing in the comparative warmth (Denver was -15F).

It was great to see you guys for Thanksgiving. We are looking forward to our snowbird trip.

Until then, Love to all (hug Pixie for us), Papa Roger & Gramma Pam

Sakusammakko said...

Hi Erin,

Sorry to leave this as a comment on your blog.

I was wondering if you'd consider releasing the blog name erinplace. I noticed you haven't posted on it in years.

The street I grew up on back home was called Erin Place at it would mean a lot to mean if I could use it as a blog for my family.

Sorry for the interruption.
Rob

Erin Strong said...

Rob,
I deleted the blog today. I am not sure how long it will take to become available. . . but I am pretty sure i have done everything needed to release it!
Thanks! :)
erin